Vacancy: Green Office Movement coordinator (from 8h/w)
The purpose of this role is to support and connect Green Office (GO) initiatives and teams at the international level, to advance sustainability in and beyond their higher education institutions (HEIs). This involves a range of (mainly) online activities by means of which members of starting and established Green Office teams can learn how to achieve this – individually, as teams and as a community of practice. Beyond supporting established Green Offices, this role also serves the wider spread of the GO Movement by inspiring and guiding more students and staff to establish GOs at their institutions.
The Green Office (GO) Model is a student-run and staff-supported sustainability platform that supports, connects and empowers students and staff to advance sustainability through their behaviors, education, research, operations and governance. The GO Movement is constituted by the total number of GOs currently existing at over 60 HEIs around the world, as well as partner organisations spreading and supporting the GO Movement. Out of the total number of established GOs, ca 60% are currently registered as members of the GO Movement. The outreach and support is mainly focused on those members. The GO Movement is one of the two core programmes coordinated by Students Organizing for Sustainability (SOS) International, a global network of student-led sustainability organisations.
You will be mainly collaborating with Ann-Sofie (staff at SOS) and Anselm (GOM volunteer) as supporters for the GO Movement coordination activities, while also connecting with other SOS team members and member organisations.
- We offer a position starting from 8 hrs/week (€550/month). Depending on your availability this can be increased.
- Length of employment: 1 year, extension possible
- Remote work (location independent)
- Languages: good English required, bonus: Dutch and German
Responsibilities and required competences
You should have at least a basic level of competence for the following. You can learn and grow into the role over time. See an overview of the current support offer for Green Offices in the membership page and workshops page of our website.
- Autonomous way of working: ability to plan and prioritize activities independently (with support of SOS colleagues)
- Organizing, designing & facilitating virtual events: online summits, webinars, knowledge exchange
- Online community building via the GO Movement platform
- Knowledge management: updating the Good Practice Overview and Resource Hub
- Partnership collaboration: coordinating GO support and expansion activities with national networks
- Online workshop facilitation: half-/full-day workshops for GO initiatives and established GOs.
- Presenting about the GO model at conferences / webinars
- Familiar with how Green Offices operate, ideally worked in a Green Office yourself
- Having supported staff and students (in tertiary education) previously
- Understanding of Education for Sustainable Development and sustainability in higher education
- Application deadline: June 30th
- Interview: July 12th-16th
- Selection by July 21st
- Starting date: August (flexible, depending on your availability)
You will be supported to find your way into this role by Tim, the previous GO Movement coordinator whom you will be replacing, as well as Ann-Sofie who will assist you in the coordination of the GO Movement.
Please send 1) your CV (1 page) and 2) a motivation letter (max 1 page) to email@example.com by June 30th at the latest.
In your motivation letter, please explain: a) your relevant experience b) why you are interested in this role c) your ideas for activities that are part of this role, taking into consideration that our goal is to support connection, exchange and deeper understanding among GOs. Please refer to the main responsibilities above, e.g. what kind of activities can you think of for the Online Summit program, how would you build a virtual community via the GO Movement platform?
We are looking forward to receiving your application!